What is your maximum age limit?

We can cover persons up to the age of 69.

What is covered?

The policy that we offer provides cover under various sections. They include Medical Expenses, Personal Effects and Baggage, and Personal Liability. There are also various other areas of cover provided. Please refer to the relevant Schedule of Cover for full details.

Can you cover non-UK residents?

No – we can only provide cover for persons who currently reside in the UK, and have done so for more than 6 months and are registered with a medical practitioner in the area in which they reside.

For persons residing outside of the UK, please click here for details of our specialist policy available to persons living anywhere in the world.

Is UK travel covered?

Yes – provided that the trip involves a minimum of 2 nights pre-booked commercial accommodation.

Is business travel covered?

Yes – provided the optional business cover is selected, and the additional premium paid, and provided this involves no manual or hazardous activity.

Are winter sports covered?

Yes – provided the optional winter sports over is selected, and the additional premium paid, your policy can cover you for normal winter sports activities, including snowboarding. You can view the full details in the policy wording. Off-piste is covered providing it is within the boundaries of a recognised resort area designed for public use and are not skiing in areas marked out of bounds or hazardous by the piste authorities.

Do I need winter sports cover if I’m skiing?

Yes – you will need to select the winter sports option and pay the additional premium.

Are unusual or hazardous activities covered?

No – if you are unsure, please contact us on 0204 599 4659.

Are safaris covered?

If the safari is UK organised it is covered under the standard terms and conditions. If the safari is non-UK organised, you will need to add the optional cover – Level 1 & 2 Hazardous Pursuits as shown in the policy. Both options are only available provided no firearms are used.

Am I covered by my policy if I want to drive abroad?

The policy covers you whilst driving abroad however personal liability cover will not apply. We do not provide cover for the vehicle as this will be covered by an appropriate motor insurance arranged by the owner of the vehicle.

Can I arrange cover to ride motorbikes over 125cc?

Motorcycling up to 50cc is covered subject to the standard terms and conditions. Motorcycling above 50cc would require adding the optional cover – Level 1,2 & 3 Hazardous Pursuits. For all motorcycling, a crash helmet must be worn, and you must hold the appropriate license. There is no personal liability cover or cover for the motorbike itself. Please see the policy wording for full details.

Is scuba diving covered?

Yes – cover is automatically provided for scuba diving activities, but not beyond your qualified depth, and up to a maximum of 30 metres. If your qualified depth is 50 metres  you would need to add the optional cover – Level 1 &2  Hazardous Pursuits. If you are hiring or taking your own equipment, make sure that you have adequate insurance cover for the equipment itself.

Do you offer a 24-hour medical assistance service?

Yes – this will include cover for your repatriation back to the UK if medically necessary. Full details are shown in the policy wording.

Am I covered for repatriation?

Repatriation is included under the Medical Expenses section of the policy. In all cases, you must contact the 24-hour medical assistance company in the event that you need to be repatriated back to the UK. The assistance company must give their approval and will be able to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Am I covered if I have to cancel a trip due to ill health?

Yes – the policy provides cover under the Cancellation section due to ill health, subject to the policy terms and conditions.

Is baggage covered?

Baggage is covered as standard on the policy however there are limits with regards to both single items and valuables. Definitions and details of these are provided within the policy wording. Please note that there is no cover for mobile telephones.

What do I do if my money or possessions are stolen whilst I’m away?

You will need to obtain a police report within 24 hours, then contact our claims team when you return to the UK. Our policy does not provide cover for replacement money to be sent to you whilst still on your holiday.

Do you cover children to travel alone?

Yes –Independent travel is permitted for children on Family and single parent family policies provided they are living in the same household and travelling in accordance with any carrier requirements and are either accompanied by another responsible adult or are staying with and being met at their destination by a responsible adult.

I am taking a large group abroad. Are they covered?

Please contact us to arrange a suitable quotation, as we may be able to offer an alternative policy appropriate to the type of trip being undertaken.







How do I find out which countries are classed as Europe and Worldwide?

Geographical Areas

– United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Jersey

– Europe west of the Ural Mountains including all countries with a Mediterranean coastline excluding Libya and Lebanon.

– Worldwide excluding the United States of America, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands.

– Worldwide including the United States of America, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands

Does my policy cover travel against FCO advice?

No – we cannot cover any claims arising directly or indirectly from you travelling against British Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice or where it is deemed unsafe for You to travel at the time of Your departure, the list includes, but is not limited t : Afghanistan, Ukraine, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen. If you require cover for travel to a country/region/area where the FCDO are advising against travel, please click here to download an application form which should be completed and emailed to info@campbellirvine.com.

What is a pre-existing medical condition?

Pre-Existing Medical Condition – Any cancer, heart condition (including hypertension and high cholesterol), blood circulatory condition, respiratory condition (including asthma), renal condition (relating to the liver or kidney), stroke, psychiatric or psychological condition (including anxiety, stress and depression) for which You have received treatment or been prescribed medication within the last twelve months; and any other Medical Condition for which You have seen a specialist or been admitted to hospital overnight within the last twelve months. (Please see the Medical Warranty section on page 4 of the policy wording for full details and conditions).

Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?

We are able to cover many pre-existing medical conditions, subject to an additional premium. Please declare your pre-existing medical conditions during the sales process.

Should I take an GHIC (replacement to the EHIC) with me when I travel?

Yes – if you are travelling to, or through an EU destination. By taking and utilising your GHIC, in the event of a claim for medical expenses, we will not deduct the policy excess where your claim is reduced due to its use, or any other reciprocal health agreements.

How do I obtain a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)?

You can apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC). either online through www.nhs.uk/GHIC or, by telephoning 0300 330 1350 (Mon to Fri, 8am – 6pm and Sat, 9am – 3pm).

IMPORTANT NOTE – BEWARE OF UNOFFICIAL WEBSITES who require you to pay a fee to process your application or fast track your application. The GHIC card is free and cannot be fast tracked.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount of money that you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Details of the excesses are shown in the policy wording.

Can I remove the excess?

There is no excess waiver option under this policy.

Can we travel separately on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

Yes – a couple may travel independently of one another, but children must travel either accompanied by another responsible adult or are staying with and being met at their destination by a responsible adult’

Is an Annual Multi-Trip policy suitable for long stay trips?

Our Annual Multi-Trip policy has 2 options allowing you to travel for up to 31 days or 45 Days for any one trip, depending on which policy duration you decide to purchase.

How many times can I travel on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

You may travel as many times as you wish during the period of insurance, providing each trip is no than to maximum trip duration of the policy you purchased.

Do I have to tell you every time I travel on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

No – you do not need to inform us when you are travelling.

Is the price quoted the total cost or the cost per person?

All prices quoted are in total for the number of travellers you have entered when obtaining your quotation, and include IPT.

What does IPT mean?

IPT stands for Insurance Premium Tax and is automatically included in all of our prices at the current rate of 20%. This is a government tax.

If I wanted to buy a policy, is there any need to fill out any forms and send them to you?

No – you do not need to complete any forms or send anything to us, unless you require specialist cover with respect to travelling against FCO advice. We issue all documents online.

How quickly do I receive the documents?

All your policy documents will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is complete. If you lose your policy documents, our Customer Portal will allow you to view and email you documents or you can email info@leisurecare.co.uk and we will email them to you.

After I have paid, can I cancel my policy?

Yes – our policies include a 14-day cooling-off period, in which time you are entitled to a full refund should you decide the policy does not meet your requirements. No refund of premium can be made after this period, if you have travelled or made a claim.

Do I have to take all the documents with me when I travel?

You will need to be able to access your policy documents as they contain all the necessary information including what to do in the event of a Medical Emergency requiring contact with the  24-hour medical assistance. The easiest way to access your policy documents is via the Customer Portal. Details of how to access the Customer Portal are provided at the end of the sales process. Alternatively, you can print the documentation yourself.

Is your website secure?

Yes, our website is secure. When you press the debit/credit card button, you will be able to see the padlock in the corner of your screen.