What cover is available under my policy in relation to Coronavirus and Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice or change in FCDO advice?

From 29th September 2020

NEW policies sold will provide cover for Cancellation should any insured person on your policy become ill with an infectious disease, including contracting COVID-19.

Our policies have always and continue to provide cover for Medical Expenses & Repatriation if you catch COVID-19 whilst you are abroad

Please note:

Our policies do not provide cover for Cancellation caused by:

– A change in FCDO advice
– Where the FCDO advise against all or all but essential travel, due to COVID-19 or any other pandemic.

Our policies will not provide ANY cover If you travel to a destination where the FCDO is advising against all or all but essential travel.

Full details of the cover and terms and conditions can be found in your policy wording.

Policies sold between 16th March 2020 and 28th September 2020 inclusive, there is no cover under this policy for:

– Cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advises you not to travel, for example where the FCDO advise against all but essential travel to an area affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2.

– Any claims as a result of Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARSCOV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. Except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. This will only apply if you did not travel against the published advice of the FCDO, any local government, local authority or WHO.


What is your maximum age limit?

We can cover persons up to the age of 75 on our Annual Multi-Trip policy Our Single-Trip policy can cover persons up to the age of 85.

What is covered?

The policy that we offer provides cover under various sections. They include Medical Expenses, Personal Effects and Baggage, and Personal Liability. There are also various other areas of cover provided. Please refer to the relevant Schedule of Cover for full details.

Can you cover non-UK residents?

We can provide cover for persons who reside within the UK, Channel Isles, or Isle of Man.

Is UK travel covered?

On Annual Multi-Trip policies, UK travel is covered provided this involves at least 2 nights away from your normal place of residence, a flight, or a ferry crossing. We can provide cover for single trips which depart and finish at your usual home or business place in the United Kingdom, Channel Isles, or Isle of Man, up to 31 days.

Is business travel covered?

Business travel is covered under the standard terms and conditions.

Are winter sports covered?

Yes – provided you select the winter sports option and pay the additional premium. This cover is available for persons up to the age of 69 on Annual Multi-Trip policies. This provides cover for up to 17 days during the policy year. Skiing and snowboarding off-piste is covered provided you are skiing within the boundaries of a recognised resort area designed for public use and are not skiing in areas marked out of bounds or hazardous by the piste authorities. You can view full details in the policy wording.

Do I need winter sports cover if I’m skiing?

Are unusual or hazardous activities covered?

We offer cover for 4 grades of hazardous activities. Grade 1 activities are covered subject to the standard terms and conditions. For those activities in Grades 2, 3, and 4, an additional premium will need to be paid, and these activities are covered subject to amended terms and conditions. Full details can be found in the policy wording.

Are safaris covered?

Please contact us on 01702 427166 if the safari is organised in the UK. If the safari is non-UK organised, an additional premium needs to be charged, and you would need to refer to the list of hazardous pursuits/activities in the policy wording to see which category you would require. Both options are only available provided no firearms are used.

Am I covered by my policy if I want to drive abroad?

The policy covers you whilst driving abroad however personal liability cover will not apply. We do not provide cover for the vehicle as this will be covered by an appropriate motor insurance arranged by the owner of the vehicle.

Can I arrange cover to ride motorbikes over 125cc?

Motorcycling up to 50cc is covered subject to the standard terms and conditions. Motorcycling above 50cc would require that you upgrade to Grade 3 Hazardous Activities. For all motorcycling, a crash helmet must be worn, and you must hold the appropriate license. There is no personal liability cover or cover for the motorbike itself. Please see the policy wording for full details.

Is scuba diving covered?

Scuba diving is covered under the standard terms and conditions provided you are diving under the direction of an accredited dive marshal, instructor, or guide. Alternatively, if qualified, within the guideline of the relevant diving or training agency, or organisation, and you are not diving alone. For full details please see the policy wording.

Do you offer a 24-hour medical assistance service?

Yes – this will include cover for your repatriation back to the UK if medically necessary. Full details are shown in the policy wording.

Am I covered for repatriation?

Repatriation is included under the Medical Expenses section of the policy. In all cases, you must contact the 24-hour medical assistance company in the event that you need to be repatriated back to the UK. The assistance company must give their approval and will be able to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Am I covered if I have to cancel a trip due to ill health?

Yes – the policy provides cover under the Cancellation section due to ill health, subject to the policy terms and conditions.

Is baggage covered?

Baggage is covered as standard on the policy however there are limits with regards to both single items and valuables. Definitions and details of these are provided within the policy wording. Please note that there is no cover for mobile telephones. If you require cover for your electronic devices, including mobile phones, laptops, cameras, tablets etc., please visit to arrange the appropriate cover.

What do I do if my money or possessions are stolen whilst I’m away?

You will need to obtain a police report within 24 hours, then contact our claims team when you return to the UK. Our policy does not provide cover for replacement money to be sent to you whilst still on your holiday.

Do you cover children to travel alone?

Yes, children can travel alone, but they will be charged the standard adult rate.

I am taking a large group abroad. Are they covered?

Please contact us to arrange a suitable quotation, as we may be able to offer an alternative policy appropriate to the type of trip being undertaken.




How do I find out which countries are classed as Europe and Worldwide?

United Kingdom – UK, Channel Islands & Isle of Man (line break) Europe – Mainland Europe and all countries that border the Mediterranean Sea ( Except Libya and Liberia), Republic of Ireland, Azores, Canaries, Madeira, Morocco, Tunisia, all Mediterranean Islands, Turkey, Black Sea Resorts and Commonwealth of Independent States (west of the Ural Mountains). (line break) Worldwide (excluding USA/Canada/Caribbean) (line break)  Worldwide (including USA/Canada/Caribbean) (line break) There is no cover to Counties where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against all travel or all but essential travel.

Does my policy cover travel against FCO advice?

No – we cannot offer cover for trips to any country the FCO advise against travelling to. Please also refer to page 3 of the policy wording for a list of excluded countries where cover cannot be provided. If you require cover for travel to a country/region/area where the FCO advise against travel, please click here to download an application form which should be completed and emailed to

What is a pre-existing medical condition?

The policy wording provides a definition of a pre-existing medical condition under the heading ‘medical warranty’ and the appropriate action you need to take.

Do you cover pre-existing medical conditions?

We are able to cover most pre-existing medical conditions, though this may be subject to an additional premium. Please call our medical screening helpline on 01702 427166 for assistance in obtaining cover for any pre-existing medical conditions.

Should I take an EHIC (E111) with me when I travel?

It is not compulsory to travel with an EHIC, however it is strongly advisable if you are travelling to an EU country as it may cover some standard medical costs and may also cover your excess. There is also the possibility that if you have any excesses to pay and you produce the EHIC, your excess will be removed.

NB. The EHIC has limited cover/benefits and will NOT cover your costs in the event of the need of repatriation to your own country.

How do I obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

You can register at these “Official” sites. You may need to give certain information such as your National Insurance Number. Your EHIC will normally be dispatched within a couple of days. /
0300 330 1350 (Mon to Fri, 8am – 6pm and Sat, 9am – 3pm)

IMPORTANT NOTE – BEWARE OF UNOFFICIAL WEBSITES who require you to pay a fee to process your application or fast track your application. The EHIC card is free and cannot be fast tracked.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount payable by you for each and every claim that you are responsible for. The excess will apply per person and per claim. The excess that applies to your policy can be found in the schedule of cover and the policy wording.

Can I remove the excess?

We can only offer an Excess Waiver option on our Single-Trip policy, which is subject to an additional premium. The only exception to this relates to pre-existing medical conditions, where the medical screening company has increased the medical excess.

Can we travel separately on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

Our Annual Multi-Trip policy allows ay adults to travel independently of one another. Independent travel is permitted for children on Family and Single-Parent Family policies provided they are living in the same household and travelling in accordance with any carrier requirements and are either accompanied by another responsible adult or are staying with and being met at their destination by a responsible adult.

Is an Annual Multi-Trip policy suitable for long stay trips?

Our Annual Multi-Trip policy allows you to travel for up to 31 days for any one trip. This can be extended to 45 days, 60 days, or 92 days for persons aged up to 65, subject to an additional premium.

How many times can I travel on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

The number of times you can travel is unlimited on our Annual Multi-Trip policy.

Do I have to tell you every time I travel on an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

No – you do not need to inform us when you are travelling.

Is the price quoted the total cost or the cost per person?

All prices quoted are in total for the number of travellers you have entered when obtaining your quotation, and include IPT.

What does IPT mean?

IPT stands for Insurance Premium Tax and is automatically included in all of our prices at the current rate of 20%. This is a government tax.

If I wanted to buy a policy, is there any need to fill out any forms and send them to you?

No – you do not need to complete any forms or send anything to us, unless you require specialist cover with respect to travelling against FCO advice. We issue all documents online.

How quickly do I receive the documents?

All your policy documents will be emailed to you as soon as your purchase is complete. If you lose your policy documents, we can arrange to resend them by email.

After I have paid, can I cancel my policy?

Yes – our policies include a 14-day cooling-off period, in which time you are entitled to a full refund should you decide the policy does not meet your requirements. No refund of premium can be made after this period.

Do I have to take all the documents with me when I travel?

It would be advisable for you to take the documents with you when travelling o you have all the information to hand. If this is not possible, make sure you have a note of your policy number and also the emergency telephone numbers you may need. If you do forget we can send a text message with your policy number and the emergency telephone number upon your request.

Is your website secure?

Yes, our website is secure. When you press the debit/credit card button, you will be able to see the padlock in the corner of your screen.